Thursday, April 12, 2007

the big question shaking the timboy universe to it's molten core

I need to make a decision about what brand of saddle I will be parking my arse on for the next year.

I've boiled the candidates down to two saddle types- your votes will decid which saddle I ride for the 2007/2008 season, on the road and on the track.

The two contenders

Fizik Arione

San Marco Rolls

I can't decide which one. They are both comfortable to me in different ways.

I like the long nose of the wingflex that allows for three riding positions. But I dislike the extra bit of chaffage cause by the wing flex, and my legs coming into contact with the seatpost bolts.

The rolls is less comfotrable for climbing, and takes a bit longer to wear in (but conversely longer to wear out), but there is no leg chaffage.

both cost about the same, both are pretty comfy.

Aesthetically, I think the Rolls kills the arione which to me looks like the command deck of the starship enterprise or a brickies trowel.

Please help me, it's tearing me appart!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fizik Arione. The Rolls is for grumpy old farts who perineum's are shot to pieces from riding that design for years.

I know a lot of other guys who are using the seat and are really happy.

Hit the link below for my review.

http://www.spinopsys.com/archives/137

1:32 AM  
Blogger Pádraic said...

"Please help me, it's tearing me appart!"

i hope that's a metaphor, timboy.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fizik Arione. No question.

(Rolls is/was soooo 1900's!)

11:09 PM  
Blogger timboy said...

Having acquired some ariones at a more reasonable price ($120) the winner is the Arione.

They don't build saddles like they used too is all I'll say- the things are not that durable for the price.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home