Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Summer Hits the City

woohoo

Summer has arrived in Melbourne town and we're only two weeks into October.

33 degrees- Necklines are plunging, goths are perspiring (more like expiring) and the arm and leg warmers have been shelved for another year.

Ten days to the Melbourne-Warnambool. I'd be lying if I said I was putting the finishing touches on my preparation. More like I'm struggling to find the time for preparation. The final blow to formal preparation was delivered yesterday- I'm going to Griffith on business on Monday and Tuesday next week. So I guess the main goal for the next ten days will be to get as much rest as possible and try to squeeze in a few rides. It's a bit concerning not being able to get a clear run at a 300km bike race- but that's the lot of an amateur cyclist I guess.

The aim- to make it to Warnambool in one piece.

The problem- I'm feeling dead on my feet already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judda said...

Damn mate, tough gig.

May the forks be with you...

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop whingeing timboy

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home