Thursday, February 21, 2008

Right!

My computer isn't working.

I've officially cracked it.

I don't know who's fault it is, but until somebody fixes the problem, I'm holding Bill Gates personally responsible.

As for the Garnaut report into climate change. I think it's clever politics from Labor. Set your target at 60%, then get someone to say it should be 70-90%- all of a sudden 60% doesn't sound to drastic.

Maybe I'm just being cynical- but it would appear to be quite handy.

The Green's will demand 90%, the conservatives will say 60% is too much- and all of a sudden you find yourself holding the middle ground.

Brilliant.

Interestingly, Garnaut stated that "The challenge is to end the linkage between economic growth and emissions of greenhouse gases,"

People such as Clive Hamilton would argue that the challenge is to end the fetish for economic growth.

But what should we replace it with? What will be the new economic orthodoxy?

Brave new world here we come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home