Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back in the Day

I loved this TV review from Miss Fits yesterday.

'For all that, I don't know if teenagers in real life watch Skins. I don't know if they should watch it. They're better off sitting on the couch eating Burger Rings and masturbating sullenly, or whatever it is young folk get up to when they're not downloading Grinspoon songs off iTunes. At best, they'd realise through the word-perfect portrayal of their lives and dealings that someone was on to them; at worst they'd find all sorts of Rather Inappropriate behaviour to emulate. It's a series for adults, particularly those who might have somewhat of a chequered moral past themselves.'

I remember eating a lot of burger rings in my youth, but cannot recall much sullen masturbation or Grinspoon.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of masturbation, I just don't think sullen is the correct adjective to describe it.

desperately
wickedly
feverishly
frantically
frenetically
restlessly
madly
passionately (maybe not)
lustfuly
quixoticly (maybe not)
messily
hecticly
intensly
zealously

and sometimes

obsessively

but never sullenly.

I could go on, but i have already said far to much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pádraic said...

quietly

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home