Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I luv Competitions

Larson emailed me this today from Crikey:

'Email us (boss@crikey.com.au with "My top 5" in the subject line) with your Top 5 albums, detailing what you'd pay for them today and why. We'll pick the Top 5 responses and dole out cash based on what we think they're each worth (either that or $25 iTunes vouchers).'

So it would be rude for me to not enter, my list:

1. The Smiths, The Smiths: $5000, $1 for every time I've listened to it.
2. Billy Bragg, Brewing Up with Billy Bragg- $200 not that I'm a thatcherite yuppy scumbag that would pay $200 for an LP or anything.
3. The Cure, Disintegration- $150. Which is how much it costs to see them perform live in Australia- what a DISGRACE!
4. Ride, Nowhere- $50, Shoegaze 4eva! Just enough to cover the ecstasy and maracas that should accompany listening to the album.
5. Boys Next Door, Door Door: Nothing- Because I never give money to junkies begging in the street, they'll just use it to buy drugs.

If anyone else entered the competition don't hesitate to drop it in the comments.

BTW

Bicipolitics has breached the 300 Post mark!!!

HUzZA!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pádraic said...

1. the bends
$10. would be more but crappy cafe del mar remixes of 'street spirit' have left a bitter taste over the years.

2. ok computer
$180. because i wanted to listen to this, i took my cd walkman to cricket. both were stolen, it's compensation.

3. kid a
$181. i'd put down a hundred, but it's better than ok.

4. amnesiac
$20. a token amount for the genius' half brother

5. hail to the thief
$0. cos it's freaking awful

and i'll put down a twenty for the new one.

2:59 AM  
Blogger timboy said...

hehe

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home