Sunday, March 04, 2007

My week on wheels

Saturday: The Austral

Scratch Race: Got knocked off by some old bloke rushing up the inside (illegally). Did some hard stuff on the front though which earned plaudits from the trackside commentators! But yet another bloody crash. Still sore even today (over a week later), got my first splinters which made me feel like a real trackie!

I also got a picture in cyclingnews in the la lucciola gear (Which has been destroyed after one outing). Me in third wheel and upright!

Handicap Heat 1: Road well at the start to be in the lead group with 2 laps to go, then two riders went down in front of me and I lost 20 metres going up the track around them. I did manage to help get my team mate Stuart Vaughan into the leading group though, and he won the heat.

20kms

Sunday: Club teams championships. Fifth in the team sprint and fifth in the team pursuit. 20kms
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Kew Crit. 60kms
Thursday: track- fifth place all night a la Stuey O’Grady: 20kms
Friday: rest

120 kms- A week of multiple fifth places, a sore bum and far too few kms (for my liking anyway)

Now it's road and study :( time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home