Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Free Gary Neiwand

Last week Gary Neiwand was sentenced to four months in jail for driving past his former partners house twice. His crime- breaching an apprehended violence order. In the same week Claire Margaret MacDonald was acquitted of murder and manslaughter. The court heard evidence that she lay in wait in a ‘snipers nest’ for 90 minutes, before shooting her husband in the chest, abdomen and head. There is no doubt that this woman was the victim of a terribly abusive relationship, and suffered from a form of ‘learned hopelessness’. My point is not that she should have been locked up, but rather that there should be some sense of proportionality. Four months in prison for such an insignificant and potentially innocent breach of an intervention order represents a grave miscarriage of justice when compared to walking free for a premeditated killing. So Cyclists of the world unite! It’s time to storm the Bastille and free our comrade Gary.

PS: Check out the size of his cannons!

3 Comments:

Blogger timboy said...

His wife didn't want him going to jail patriguez. She wrote a letter to the court to that effect.

PS. thanks for being the inaugural commentor.

7:09 PM  
Blogger timboy said...

Maybe you think that women are weak, submissive and pathetic, and can'think for themselves Patriguez. I think more highly of women personally.

Juries identify with women as victims more readily in the court process. This is a form of discrimination.

From memory, I think her motivation was to ensure that Gary could still see his children (ie, she doesn't fear him now that the difficult stage of the breakup is behind them), and to prevent any further loss of face with all the inaccurate and misleading media stories floating around concerning the case- ie. he has already suffered enough punishment and humiliation.

Lastly, cut the feminist 'submissive role power games' shit. Blaming victims is intellectually dishonest, but exalting them is equally dishonest (feminists love doing this). For most feminists being a woman is synonomous with being a victim, this is now reflected in the Victorian justice system, regardless of the facts of the case- hence my post on this issue.

And what attracts women to abusive, thuggish, macho arseholes in the first place. Answer me this?

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the comments....

Thanks guys, Gary Neiwand here.
I was suffering depression at the time and still do. I was doing things I couldn't justify, I had demons... The best day of my life was when I got locked up as I had planned suicide and was within a week of doing so.
My ex has been a pillar of strength for me and more importantly my kids. I get on fantastic with them all now, there is still an intervention order stopping me from going within 200metres of the house but I am welcomed in there every week....

Stupid Police playing I'm tougher than you by slapping the IVO on me...
The Police must've had a great party when they caught me, after all, I am a hardened criminal on the states most wanted, I must've been as I was tailed by about 3 in marked cars at one stage while dropping my kids off to school.

Anyway, I'm back into t he real world again and loving it. Unfortunately, I meet a real physco on RSVP dating site, wanted to marry me, got pregnant, planned and paid for a holiday only to tell me to fuck off as she only wanted my baby just days before going on our trip..... Anyway, I'm happy to no longer be involved with her but she is having me charged....lol. I give up on selfish greedy, physco women. I'm happy being single and friends with my ex and having a great life with family and friends.

Gary

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home