Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Vale Tony Wilson

About a week ago, Tony Wilson founder of Factory Records, the home of Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays, amongst others passed away.

Worst sentence ever, but I push on undaunted.

His funeral was yesterday, and the guardian produced a lovely hommage here.

They also published a eulogy from Steve Coogan, who played Tony in the movie 24 Hour Party People.

I loved this line from Coogan:

'Peter Hook said at the time with robust affection: "The biggest cvnt in Manchester being played by the second biggest cvnt in Manchester." It was the biggest compliment I ever received.'

Indeed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats sad news.

24 hour people is one of the best films I have ever seen, maybe the best film full stop.

Joy Division was a brilliant band. And Happy Mondays were... well I don't know what they wre... but I like them.

I hope Tony Wilson was similar in real life to how he was portrayed in the film.

-Alex.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home