Saturday, June 16, 2007

Worst... Bike... Mechanic... EVER!

Urgh

Last night realised that I had over-torqued the shit out of my seatpost clamp and cracked (more like smashed) my three week old FSA K-Force Light seatpost.

I am officially the worst bike mechanic ever

anybody who has seen me fumbling around with the spanner on Thursday night at DISC can probably vouch for that.

Ah well, back to the internet for more I guess. The fact I got it online at half the local retail price is a good thing when you're as shocking with the tools as I am.

The fact that I'm constantly playing around with the bike in the half-light at six in the morning probably didn't help matters either!

2 Comments:

Blogger Treadly and Me said...

Oh, I dunno--I reckon I'd give you a run for your money in the crappy bike mechanic department.

4:49 PM  
Blogger David Killick said...

Ah, if you don't make mistakes, how are you ever going to learn from them? And experience like that doesn't come cheap!

Stripping threads used to be my speciality, until I learned to take more care.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home